Tuesday, April 11, 2006

the end of an era



Saturday was the last time I drank Mt. Dew. I had a can in the morning and then just decided to stop. I've been addicted to it since I was about 5 years old. I have never really drank anything else on a regular basis (except water). I have only "quit" drinking it three times before, twice while traveling abroad and once when I was on a medication that made it taste awful (along with everything else I ate and drank). Anyway, I have made it through the last few days just fine as far as not wanting to drink it anymore. I've even got like 18 cans left hanging around in the kitchen and I haven't been tempted. I am going to move them down to my car trunk later and donate them to the CPR launch party. But I have felt kind of crappy. I thought quitting would also help me sleep well, something that is rare for me anyway. However, I have been having an even harder time sleeping and feeling exhausted all the time. I'm assuming if it's related to the lack of dew it is temporary. It probably seems like I am making way too big a deal about it, but I know others who are addicted to Mt Dew and they understand the need for it. Sure, it's not like I am quitting smoking, but I've tried to do it before by weaning myself from it, but always failed. Anyway, I am hoping cold turkey works and that this is a permanent thing. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home