Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bye Bye 30

So in two days I turn the big 3-1. It's hard to believe and a few months ago when it hit me I kinda freaked, until I realized how much I have done in the last year. I got to see the launch of Columbia Poetry Review 20 which I co-edited, I completed my MFA, I had work published in MiPoesias and Buffalo Carp, I began teaching in the Hands on Stanzas program, I went on two Caribbean cruises, went to Door County, went snorkeling for the first time, went kayaking for the first time (both in Lake Michigan and the Gulf of Mexico), I've done a lot of wine tasting (a lot), went skiing for the first time, ate some amazing meals, finally saw a lunar eclipse, got a ds and a wii (totally hooked on video games again), took a bookmaking class which was incredible, learned a lot of new crochet stitches and made a lot of stuff, figured out what I want to be when I grow up, applied to grad school all over again and got accepted by both programs, joined a gym, bought a home, got engaged, and along with my amazing fiance, have almost completely planned a wedding. I gotta say it's been a damn good year for this girl and I'm looking forward to everything 31's gonna bring.

1 Comments:

Blogger SadieM said...

I feel tired just reading all of that. What a great year for you!

June 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home