Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Weathering the whether

It's been a long winter, and April being my birthmonth, I'm determined to see and feel spring. I have pulled the pedal pushers from the bottoms of my drawers and started packing up the sweaters for summer storage. We've been working through the cold months planning the wedding and thinking long and hard about our collective future, you know, the ever-pressing question of what we want to be when we grow up. A few months ago I finally figured it all out (for myself at least, the better half is still working it all out on his end). For my part I have been setting up the pieces to put my plan in motion, more on that later. The biggest variable remains how to support this endeavor, both with experience and money. Unfortunately, people who have no idea what I am working for (and quite frankly don't care) have had too much say in my future, and it has been hard trying to figure out where I can go from here. But I've done a rare thing for me and decided to stand up for myself and say something to someone.

But yeah, it's been a long winter. The last few weeks, snow and wind have managed to wedge themselves between a few nice days and seem to just be a reminder of how heavy some things can feel. Right now though, this is my favorite kind of weather. Flashes of lightning are breaking the darkness of the evening at home and thunder's pounding. Soon a steady tapping will splash the windows. I love the energy of a good storm, the feel of a spring shower and the smell of wet concrete. There is truly no greater relief. Perhaps I've been looking at things all wrong, maybe a few nice days have managed to wedge themselves between the snow and wind. Maybe, but all I know is right now I have the rain and I am going to bask in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home