Friday, June 02, 2006

home again

So, at least I posted a couple quizes in the mean time, but I have been gone a while. After school ended I spent a week in Des Moines & Adel, Iowa, working on cleaning out my parents' basement and clearing out a farm shed. I got to spend a couple of evenings with friends and I indeed did get to see Cloris Leachman get her honorary MFA from Drake. It was a pretty good trip. When I came back I went to a couple Sox games and went to my first night of the summer class I am taking. Then I hopped back on the highway and spent a few days with my family in Minneapolis for my niece's belated birthday party. She is now 14 months and absolutely adorable.

I drove back Sunday morning and I have been an invalid ever since. I think my brother saved up some of his cold germs and passed them on to me before I left the cities. I have felt like crap and the hot weather has not been helping. It's also been driving me nuts that my apartment was a wreck before I left (because it always gets nasty at the end of the semester) and so the few days I have been here I have tried to get it tidied. I rearranged my bedroom last week and I spent yesterday getting my livingroom back in order and I feel much better. Now what do I do?

I am unemployed until July when I will have two jobs. (oh yeah, I got another job that I didn't apply for, which starts just before Bridge and runs alongside it for a week). I am hoping to get by on 2200 bucks until I get some more cash, which might not be until the end of July (possibly later eek!). In the mean time my goal is to not worry about money and just enjoy a month of joblessness. But I promise I will not become a lazy bum. Here's my to-do list for today:

Watch Kill Bill Vol. 1
Do some origami
Go for a long walk
Read something that is in no way related to poetry, maybe a comic book or Mad magazine.
Do some Sudoku
Go to the beach
take a nap

Maybe tomorrow I will do something more constructive like reconstruct my Comp 1 class or prepare for Bridge, or maybe start writing poetry again, do my homework. Oh wait, no, tomorrow's Saturday. I really should just enjoy the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home