Monday, April 30, 2007

Wheeeeee!

So, I turned my thesis/manuscript in a little while ago. I am all but finished with my MFA. I essentially just have to get one last assignment to finish--a 15-20 page essay on the Objectivist poets--not to be confused with anything Ayn Rand related. Anyway, I have to get this paper written, teach six more classes, two of which will be just the students turning in papers then I am pretty much done. Other than that, I have graduation and our manifest reading, and that's about it. Then I will be busy having fun. We are going to the Damien Rice show Monday the 14th, see Spiderman 3 on the IMAX at some point that weekend, and the Cubs/Sox games at Wrigley the next weekend.

And Finally: Three weeks from right now I will be boarding a cruise ship in Miami to explore the Western Carribean for a few days. I am so excited I just made a paper chain to count down the days. Not just any paper chain, this paper chain is made from 24 lb, acid free, 100% cotton paper. No construction paper for this MFAer.

3 Comments:

Blogger kay180 said...

Congrats, that must feel good to have that weight off your shoulders ;)

April 30, 2007  
Blogger Aaron said...

Put down that Cap'n Coke! It would be a shame to wast all that time and money because you started your drunken bender two weeks early!

April 30, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

It's scary to even consider how expensive a drunken bender could be for me. Do you know how much it costs just to get me drunk in one sitting--let alone a bender? I'm not even sure, because it's only happened a couple of times, but it might be as expensive as my last degree. Damn you, high tolerance!

May 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home