Thursday, August 30, 2007

Oh. Okay.

Well, that explains the dozens of cops that passed me and the 4 helicopters hovering over me as I left my old apartment this morning. I know that shit happens all over the city, but these sorts of things seem to be happening a lot more near there lately, which makes me a little sad because I have always defended Rogers Park against other's negative opinions. Still, considering the shooting that happened right outside my front door two months ago and the other similar incidents since then, AND the overwhelmingly growing presence of weirdos in my building, I am glad more and more every day about leaving my old place.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

SO, how much loot did you make off with?

August 31, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

I heard later that the dude attempted the robbery, armed with a gun and a "piece of wood." And, they discovered finally that he had fled the building when employees and customers were released from the building. So, apparently the FBI, the cops and helicopters surrounded an empty building for four hours. Genius. But, they recovered the piece of wood. So, hey, job well done. I just hope the piece of wood wasn't a chunk of my old couch I had put near the dumpster earlier that day.

September 01, 2007  
Blogger Aaron said...

Was it one of those couches?

September 02, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yes, yes it was. Those couches are now just a memory in the collective johnson history.

September 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home