Thursday, April 20, 2006

More Bragging Rights

At some point in my life I might actually have to interview for a job. But as long as people want to continue dropping them in my lap, I am happy to accept.

I recall about a year ago I was spending many afternoons at the beach and at one point had the thought, "god I really don't want to apply for a summer job, surely something will come up." A day later, prayers were answered and I got the advocate gig which included a month of "training" and just enough dough to slide through summer. Well since I am trained that means no summertime advocate hours this time around. So, this spring I started having the same feelings as last year--how nice it would be to spend my time at the beach rather than working at some crappy summer job.

But after being told to do so, I submitted my resume to teach in the college's bridge program. I expected there to be this tedious interview process, and since I am still kinda new at the teaching thing, I didn't have high hopes. Well, a couple days ago the coordinator asked if we could talk about it, I assumed it would be an interview or pre-interview thing. Well I went down to chat with her and she handed me some materials so I can start preparing for the job. YAY!! I love being the golden child with amazing luck. (And I love only having to work one month out of 3). I know you are all thinking that I am lazy and that I totally suck. Yeah, I do. Whatchya gonna do about it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. congrats! it's danielle. was it a good deal? i'm meeting with her in an hour!

April 20, 2006  
Blogger Amanda said...

congrats right back atchya Danielle!
And Sean, thanks for not hating me.

April 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home