Thursday, September 22, 2005

"I got two turn tables and my Mommy's home"

Getting to see Beck this week was just what I needed as the semester from hell has just begun. (A weekly bout with Pablo Neruda is one of the reasons I have been lax in posting--not that I would post anything but internet quiz results anyway, but hey) I can’t really expound on it, and can only say it was a great show. The only thing missing was my best friend Theresa. :(

I recommend looking for his appearance on Austin City Limits from a couple of years ago in which he is backed by The Flaming Lips. It’s being run on some PBS stations this weekend. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like it will be aired here in Chicago. Luckily I still have the VHS copy that my mom recorded from its original airing.

Wow! Who knew a Space Ghost quote would come in so handy as an entry title?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it's running this week on the other 2 PBS stations we get through our cable. I'll have to tivo it :)

September 23, 2005  
Blogger Amanda said...

I actually figured that out right after I posted it, I think it's on a station I do get, but at 8:00pm Tuesday. And you know where I will be at that time. . . grrr.

September 23, 2005  
Blogger Amanda said...

OOps, I read the calendar wrong, it is actually on I think Friday at 8pm. So maybe I will be around. ??

September 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Either way, I'm going to tivo it, so we can watch it whenever.

September 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you make me feel so loved. I'm sure Beck missed me too. I couldn't have enjoyed it anyway, I'm still deaf from the Green Day concert. I fear I'm turning into an old person. And, because you have turned me on to Sudoku, I now get strange looks from my co-workers when I settle in for lunch and end up trying to figure out the best and most infuriating game ever.

September 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home