Thursday, September 01, 2005

My Anniversary and Thanks Mom

Today is my first anniversary of life in Chicago. Although I didn't really start living here until about the 25th of September, I was the official lessee of this grand apartment as of one year ago today.

My living space has always been important to me, as superficial as it may seem. I have always been a bit of a homebody and prefer to spend a substantial amount of time alone, so it's always been important that my living space has a nice ambiance. While I sometimes miss my old cheap apartments in Des Moines, this is by far the best one I have ever had. I have no plans of moving from this apartment while I am in my program, despite my apt mgr's attempts to budge me out so she could have it for herself. But then, who can blame her. I live on the 8th floor in a neighborhood mostly comprised of three-floor walk-ups. From my bedroom I have an amazing view of the neighborhood, Lake Michigan, and in the distance I can see downtown. Every morning I wake up and say "hello Sears Tower." Well, except when it's really foggy. My new home has not lost any of its magic--no matter what, it's always beautiful. I love it.

For all of this, I have to thank my mom for being conscious enough when we were viewing apartments to think of little details like the view. Otherwise, I could have ended up staring at a neighbor across the courtyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home