Tuesday, December 27, 2005

relaxing, finally

So, I have been done with school for nearly two weeks, finished my teaching portfolio a week ago, and I have finally started to unwind. Even though I have been in Des Moines for five days and getting plenty of sleep, I have just been exhausted and when I am awake I always feel that I NEED to be doing something constructive. I was working on my syllabus for next semester on Christmas morning. I have been going through CPR submissions while watching TV and movies--I have about 1/3 of the stack left. I've been trying to skim books to find a text for my comp 2 class. I also read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince over the weekend, and I think maybe that was part of the reason I couldn't just settle down and relax. I always get so anxious when I read those damned books, I thought it would be a nice break from homework and the more intellectual selections I brought home for the holiday, but apparently I should have just stuck to the Milosz. Today though, I feel much better. Although I am still trying to get things done, I don't feel quite so obligated to do much (or like I have to l;) haha).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry Potter is the devil but I heart him so. Sorry, but for some reason I just felt obligated to comment on your post. Or maybe I felt like I had to. I'm not sure which.

January 01, 2006  
Blogger Amanda said...

ha!
be sure to check over your nose, if you're growing a third brow i'll be worried.

btw, my mom lied, i came back to chicago. but i will be back in dsm soon.

January 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home